Updated October 10, 2014
The CAP continues its work to upgrade our systems to offer you a leading-edge web experience that is simple, fast, convenient, and secure. Much of our work to date has been focused on internal infrastructure which provides the foundation for the new functionality we are releasing in 2014 and 2015. We have already implemented:
- Enhanced security to help you access multiple areas on cap.org without the need to reenter your username and password. We also removed the “Remember Me” functionality for more robust security.
- The ability to pay membership dues and purchase CAP publications online, including eBooks.
- Inspection training courses accessible on Macs for those needing to update their inspection training using an Apple device.
- Improvement to customer notifications including direct access to your activity and the ability to add others to receive notifications.
We are working on much more for the near and future term, including:
- The launch of a newly redesigned website offering a fresh new look with an improved spacious layout and a standardized menu structure, updated with the latest events and programs focused to offer you a content-rich site experience.
- Please note, although the new website will be compatible with current browsers and mobile devices, not all applications within cap.org will be compatible. For more details on compatibility by application, visit our System Requirements page. As we roll out additional enhancements, we will be addressing compatibility.
Coming Later in 2015
- An updated and streamlined e-LAB Solutions, providing a single entry point for your laboratory's web applications for proficiency testing, accreditation, and competency assessment. It will include:
- More intuitive navigation
- Fewer clicks to access applications
- New and improved online help as you navigate the applications
- A simplified user permissions process for e-LAB Solutions and other on-line functions. This aims to:
- Modernize the user interface
- Reduce security tasks managed by your laboratory site administrators
- An improved view and ability to update your own personal profile including personal/home contact information, business/professional affiliations, inspector history, and communications preferences.
- A new Learning Management System that is easier to navigate and will support multiple browsers and operating systems.
- On-line ordering for CAP Proficiency Testing programs.
- A new performance analytic tool, featuring both proficiency testing and accreditation metrics, as well as interactive benchmarking capabilities.
- The ability to manage your laboratory profile online including an expanded Lab Test Menu (LTM) eliminating time-consuming paper processes
- A revised on-line Laboratory Accreditation Program application/reapplication process.
And that’s not all. Watch this page for additional website improvements that will help to simplify your online experience with the CAP.
As we roll out these website enhancements, be mindful of the following:
- Your current bookmark, shortcuts, and favorites to
may contain an outdated address. Please delete your saved links prior to rekeying the CAP web address
and resaving as a favorite.
- If you receive an error message when trying to access
, clear your web browser’s cache (temporary internet files and/or cookies and history) to view the most current cap.org home page. Please consult your IT department for assistance or review options based on your particular web browser.
As we make these changes, we apologize for any service disruptions and inconveniences that you may experience using cap.org. We’d appreciate hearing your ideas and suggestions on how to make cap.org even better.