Updated November 5, 2013
The College of American Pathologists offers its members insurance coverage at economical rates.
The College of American Pathologists now offers through Aon, our administrator, access to eHealth Insurance, a platform for the new Affordable Care Act Exchanges. eHealth is America’s #1 online source for individual and family health insurance, with the biggest selection of quality plans at the lowest prices available.
Details and applications for any of the plans listed below can be obtained by calling the CAP insurance program administrator, Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. at 1-800-509-6023.
- Disability Income Insurance Resources
- Long Term Care Insurance Resources
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) Resources
Property Insurance Resources
Professional Liability Insurance Resources
- “Don’t be afraid to contact your insurer when you smell a suit at your doorstep” Johnson L. Medical Economics. November 6, 2009.
- “Q&A: Who needs tail coverage?” Johnson L. Medical Economics. January 23, 2009.
- “Q&A: Malpractice insurance and claims of defamation” Medical Economics. November 21, 2008.
- “Malpractice Consult: If there is no damage, there is no malpractice” Johnson L. Medical Economics. August 1, 2008.
- “Malpractice Consult: Lawyers consider several kinds of evidence to prove that the standard of care was—or was not—met.”
Johnson L. Medical Economics. July 18, 2008.
- “Tail insurance: Watch out for the gotcha!”
Guglielmo W. Medical Economics. February 15, 2008.
- “Loss Prevention Guidelines for Cervical Cytology—with 2008 Update on Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines”
Troxel DB. 2008.
- “Hot Topics & Issues Updates: Medical Malpractice”
Insurance Information Institute (III)
- Medical Professional Liability Insurance. (PDF, 576 K) Matthew M. Rice, MD, JD, and members of the American College of Emergency Physicians Medical Legal Committee, April 2004.