Updated October 13, 2010
Listen to the Webinar:
Download the Webinar:
Save the webinar to your computer (MP3, 10.6 MB) (To download the mp3, use your mouse and “right-click” on the link. A menu will pop-up. Locate the “Save Target As” or “Save Link As” option, and then select a folder on your computer to save the audio file to.)
Now in its initial phase, Health and Human Service’s final rule on the “Meaningful Use” of electronic health record systems presents a host of challenges and opportunities for pathologists and laboratory medicine professionals. While eligibility concerns continue to be paramount, they must also prepare to address the needs of customers, clients, and other health care providers as these organizations strive to comply with the current and future stages of the Meaningful Use rule.
This webinar will address key challenges, including:
- How should pathologists prepare to comply with Meaningful Use requirements?
- If unable to qualify, can a pathologist still receive an incentive payment? If so, how?
- What will health system stakeholders, including specialty physicians, expect from laboratory information systems?
- David L. Booker, MD, FCAP, Chairman of Pathology at Trinity Hospital, Augusta, GA (Moderator)
- Robert Anthony, CMS’s Office of E-Health Standards and Services
- Philip Chen, MD, PhD, Director of Informatics, Dept of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Walter H. Henricks, MD, Director of the Center for Pathology Informatics at the Cleveland Clinic
Sponsored by the CAP’s Advocacy Division, Practice Management Committee, and the Diagnostic Intelligence and Health Information Technology (DIHIT) Committee.