For 50 years, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) has been serving
the needs of a diverse membership by providing a wide variety of professional
resources, services, and personal benefits. As the world's largest society
exclusively for pathologists, the College's advocacy on its members behalf
is essential in their ability to practice laboratory medicine and ensure quality
results. We invite you to join more than 15,000 colleagues who are shaping
their futures and helping to shape the specialty of pathology for tomorrow
by supporting the College of American Pathologists.
Professional and Personal Benefits to Joining the CAP
- Government representation and advocacy on key issues of importance to
- Contractual and professional relations support to manage your practice
- The CAP Positions Listing Service – a members-only resource for pathologists
seeking employment and laboratories with positions available.
- Educational resources to help you stay current with advances in laboratory
- Publications and journals to keep you informed on issues of importance
to you and your practice.
- Communications resources to help you enhance your professional image before
your patients and the medical community.
- Personal and professional security through a variety of insurance programs.
- Discounts at Stanford University Medical Bookstore and Computer Store.
- Professional enrichment through volunteer opportunities and worldwide
peer recognition – the FCAP distinction.
How to join
If you are interested in joining the CAP and having access to all its benefits,
please call the CAP Membership Department at 800-323-4040 ext. 7309.