A 23-year-old man presented with right-sided flank pain and hematuria. Abdominal CT scan confirmed the presence of an 8.0 cm renal mass involving the mid pole and pelvis. The nephrectomy specimen revealed an 8.0 cm gray-white, infiltrative mass centered on the medulla. The tumor grossly extended into the renal vein and ureter, but did not invade through the kidney capsule.
The master list with the correct answer
• Collecting duct carcinoma
• Metastatic adenocarcinoma
• Renal cell carcinoma, unclassified
• Renal medullary carcinoma
• Rhabdoid tumor
• Urothelial carcinoma with glandular features
involving the renal pelvis
Access Case Critique to view:
• Appropriate diagnosis
Your input is valued—please submit your feedback
so that we may continue to optimize this program.