The Interlaboratory Comparison Program in Nongynecologic Cytopathology was expanded early this year to include access to the additional ancillary images that are often needed to definitively subclassify a cytologic abnormality. You can view the images by accessing e-Lab Solutions as follows:
- Establish a personal Web account at www.cap.org.
- Log in to the CAP Web site with your user ID and password.
- To take advantage of e-Lab Solutions, your lab’s site administrator must log on to www.cap.org and “Opt In.” Each laboratory enrolled received a one-time PIN to activate (opt in to) the lab’s online account. If your lab administrator does not have a PIN, call the CAP customer contact center at 800-323-4040, option 1. A laboratory has to opt in only once.
- After logging in, request access to CAP programs for your laboratory through the following steps: on the Administration Options page, click the Request Access link; enter your laboratory’s seven-digit CAP number (found on your result form) in the designated field and click Submit; and confirm your request. An e-mail message will automatically be sent to your laboratory’s site administrator so he or she can approve or deny your request for access. You will receive an e-mail message notifying you that the administrator has approved or denied your request.
- If you have access to more than one laboratory’s program data, you must first select the laboratory whose program data you want to access. Click on the Select or Change Laboratory link. A list is displayed of all laboratories to which you have been granted access. Select a laboratory using the appropriate radio button and click Select.
For more detailed instructions, please go to the Cytopathology Topic Center. Click on the Reference Resources and Publications tab, choose Cytopathology under Anatomic Pathology in the right column, and click on Using e-LAB Solutions found under Resources. Help is available at 800-323-4040, option 1.