What St. Luke’s did well
What St. Luke’s might have done better
Not Mayo? No matter—smaller labs go molecular
Karen Lusky is a writer in Brentwood, Tenn.
- Spent time planning structure and layout.
- Gathered input from literature, clinicians, clients, and market.
- Partnered individuals with science, clinical, business, and marketing expertise.
- Selected assays using all perspectives.
- Had staff that understood perspectives.
- Collaborated with vendors; avoided one-trick-pony formats.
- Educated clients through personal conversation and newsletter.
- Set short-term flexible goals, long-term definite goals.
- Made its own decisions.