Introduction and Definition of POCT
- McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. 2002. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- United States National Library of Medicine. Medical Subject Headings. Point of care systems. 2009 MeSH.
- Commission on Laboratory Accreditation, Laboratory Accreditation Program. Point-of-Care Testing Checklist. June 15, 2009. College of American Pathologists.
- Kost GJ. Goals, guidelines and principles for point-of-care testing. In: Kost GJ, ed. Principles and practice of point-of-care testing. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2002, Chapter 1, pp3-12.
- Delaney BC, Hyde CJ, McManus RJ, Wilson S, Fitzmaurice DA, Jowett S, Tobias R, Thorpe GH, Hobbs FDR. Systematic review of near patient test evaluations in primary care. BMJ 1999;319:824-827.
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines: Evidence-Based Practice for Point-of-Care Testing. (Nichols JH, editor) 2007. Washington, DC. AACC Press. 187 pgs.
- Nichols JH, Christenson RH, Clarke W, Gronowski A, Hammett-Stabler CA, Jacobs E, et. al. Executive summary: The National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry laboratory medicine practice guideline: Evidence-based practice for point-of-care testing. Clin Chem Acta 2007;379:14-28.
- Nichols JH, Kickler TS, Dyer KL, Humbertson SK, Cooper PC, Maughan WL, Oechsle DG. Clinical outcomes of point-of-care testing in the interventional radiology and invasive cardiology setting. Clin Chem 2000;46(4):543-50.
POCT Coordinator Development and Role
- Reference: The Choice is Yours: 10 Principles of Personal Leadership, Leadquest, LLC, 2006. Accessed at: http://leadquestllc.com/PDFs/10PrincArtLeaderChoiceisYours11.08.pdf , 5/19.2010.