Posted April 29, 2009
Competency Assessment Program from the CAP offers many courses and checklists and not all may be appropriate for your facility. There is a way to make the unneeded courses “hidden” in order to reduce clutter in your assignment database and records. If a hidden course is needed later, you can return it to “shown,” which will allow you to assign the course to your students.
If a student has already been assigned a course that is later hidden, the student will continue to see the course listed on his or her homepage and will be able to complete the course. Sub-administrators cannot be assigned for hidden courses, but sub-administrators that have already been assigned for a course that is later hidden will still be able to view reports and assign the course as normal.
To hide a course:
- On the “View or Edit Courses” tab, go to Show/Hide Courses and Checklists.
- In the Shown Courses list, click on the Course Name that you want to have hidden in the course list. Hold the Control key to select multiple courses.
- Choose Hide Selected.
- The shown course(s) now appears in the Hidden Courses list.
To show a course that was hidden:
- In the Hidden Courses list, click on the Course Name that you want to have shown. Hold the Control key to select multiple courses.
- Choose Show Selected.
- The hidden course(s) now appears in the Shown Courses list.