Posted April 29, 2009
The College of American Pathologists (CAP) recently unveiled a new Learning Management System (LMS). LMS is the electronic system that manages all the courses and transcripts for our education programs, including Competency Assessment Program. We tried to keep the changes to a minimum for learners, but there are changes in the way that students claim continuing education (CE) credit for a course and view their transcripts.
After completing a CAP-provided assessment or Pro Course, students will continue to receive a course completion e-mail. Students should:
- Log in on the page that is brought up using their CAP user ID and password.
- Click the Credit Type and Hours icon to the left of the completed activity.
- Claim the number of CE credits/hours that they actually spent on the activity.
Once they’ve claimed their CE credit(s), they can print their certificates:
- On the training schedule page in the Completed Activities view, click the name of the completed activity.
- Click the certificate icon next to the course on the Activity Details page.
- Print certificate.
Completed Courses that do not offer CE credits will still appear on the user’s Training Schedule. Users can view their transcript in their training schedule by doing the following:
- Log in at www.cap.org.
- Click “Training Schedule” in your list of Personalized Options in the blue bar on the left side of the page.
- Your CAP Training Schedule will open in a new window.
- In the blue bar on the top of the page, click “Learning Menu.”
- In the drop-down box, select “Learning Activity Reports.”
- In the next drop-down box, select “Training Transcript.”
Completed CAP-provided courses and checklists will display under the “Activities” header. Completed custom courses will display under the “Self-Reported Training” header.