Posted November 6, 2009
We are pleased to present important new upgrades to the Competency Assessment Program for next year. All the same features that you have come to rely on will remain, but we have added capabilities that will enhance your management of the program. Here are a few highlights:
- Courses in Histology and Quality Programs/Management–Students can be assigned courses in these new disciplines as of July 1, 2010.
- Improved display of courses and checklists–Administrators can manage the program with collapsible menus and the ability to group courses/checklists by curricula.
- Pass threshold and automatic reassessment assignment–A minimum passing score can be defined for CAP-provided assessment courses as well as custom courses. If a student’s score falls below the minimum passing score, the reassessment course is automatically assigned.
- Open enrollment–Administrators may select courses to make available directly to students. Students can then select which courses to complete.
- Sharing courses–A custom course can be shared by the administrator with other Competency Assessment Program subscribers.
- One-click conversion from PowerPoint files into online courses–The system will convert uploads into multi-page online courses that can then be further customized with additional pages, questions, and resources.
- Filters for student home page–Students can sort assignments by status (complete, incomplete, overdue), type of assignment (assessment, Pro Course), or date range.