Posted March 9, 2010
One of the new features released January 10, 2010, is the ability to set thresholds for automatic assignment of competency reassessment and custom courses. If a student’s score on the competency assessment is below the specified threshold score, that student will be automatically assigned the relevant competency reassessment course. The competency reassessment gives the student another chance to answer the competency assessment questions after they have reviewed customized training material. This option can also be used to set thresholds for automatic assignment of custom reassessment courses for custom assessment courses.
These features are optional and must be enabled by an education administrator through the following steps.
- Log in at www.cap.org.
- Click “Competency Assessment” in the blue bar on the left side of the page.
- Click “Manage Assignments” in your list of Education Administrator functions.
- Click “Set thresholds for automatically assigning competency reassessments and custom courses.”
To set a threshold score for Competency Assessments:
- Click the drop-down box “Auto-Assign Reassessment If” next to the course you wish to assign a threshold score.
- Select the threshold score from the list of options.
- Choose “Save Changes.”
To add a threshold score for a Custom Course:
- Click the drop down box to select the custom course name.
- Select the reassessment course to be assigned.
- Set the threshold score for the course.
- Click Add Threshold to continue.
Note: Changing a threshold score will not affect competency assessment assignments that have already been completed. Only students that complete competency assessments after the change will be affected by the new threshold score.