Posted October 18, 2011
Did you create a custom course from a PowerPoint and now realize that you need to edit the information on one of the slides? The slide is seen as an image in CourseBuilder, so you cannot modify it in the CourseBuilder tool. However, you can modify the image in the original PowerPoint that you have saved on one of your drives, and then uploaded the edited slide to CourseBuilder to replace the old slide. To edit the appropriate slide:
- Open the PowerPoint that contains the image you need from the location where you saved it on your computer.
- Edit the slide.
- Click File>>Save As.
- Rename the file, and using the drop-down next to “save as type,” select JPG, GIF, or BMP.
- Click Save.
- The message “Do you want to export every slide in the presentation or only the current slide” will appear. Select Current Slide Only.
- The slide is now saved as an image.
- Now, proceed to CourseBuilder, and select Edit Course Content next to the appropriate custom course.
- Upload this new image to the Gallery.
- In the Outline, select the image that needs to be replaced. The page with the image (slide) on it will open on the right side of the page.
- Using the drop-down list in the Image section, select the newly uploaded image to replace the current one.
- Click Save Changes.