Posted March 19, 2012
If you have had a chance to check out CourseBuilder lately, you have noticed the upgraded options. There are lots of changes, so here is a summary in case you haven’t seen them all yet.
- Courses can be searched (on Courses, Checklists, CourseBuilder, and ChecklistBuilder tab).
- A new welcome page summarizes course content and provides brief instructions.
- The course outline is revised to be “collapsible.”
- Important editing actions are logged. You can see who added, edited, or deleted within the course’s pages, tasks, exam questions, etc.
- New graded or ungraded question types have been added. Choose drag-and-drop or put-in-order questions, which can include text and images as answer choices.
- Fill-in-the-blank questions can have up to three “also acceptable” answers.
- Text space is almost unlimited for questions, page content, feedback, and answer choices. The limit is now 2.1 billion characters for each field.
- Topics and subtopics can be reordered.
- When deleting a topic or subtopic, content can be salvaged and the information moved to another topic or subtopic.
- Pages or questions can be moved among assessment, content, and posttest sections.
- Inside CourseBuilder, PowerPoint content can be added or replaced.
- Large images are automatically resized during upload.
- As many images and files as desired can be uploaded to a course at one time.
- Images or files within a course can be swapped all at once.
- Users can be allowed to skip the end-of-course evaluation for a custom course.
- Custom content and question pages can be previewed inside CourseBuilder.
- If you have a course that includes both content and checklists, you can create it in CourseBuilder, rather than having to go to ChecklistBuilder.
- Coming soon—audio and video.