Posted April 3, 2012
The College of American Pathologists needs tissue samples of these cases:
- Submit paraffin blocks from invasive breast carcinomas of any type.
- It is acceptable to use coexistent DCIS if it is a relatively minor component.
- Include invasive carcinoma sample of at least 1 cm x 1 cm on the glass side.
- Fix tissue in 10% neutral buffered formalin for 6–48 hours.
- Provide block thickness of 2 mm minimum—3 mm to 4 mm is ideal.
- Submit five paraffin blocks per case, free of all patient identifiers.
- Include IHC and FISH test results when available.
- For each donation, submit a minimum of three paraffin blocks of formalin fixed tissue of tumor 1 cm or larger in diameter.
- We need the following case types:
- Gastric carcinoma
- Embryonal carcinoma
- Classical Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Ewing sarcoma
- Synovial sarcoma
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder, DLBCL type
- T-cell lymphoma, any type
If your laboratory can be a source, please contact Patty Vasalos, senior technical specialist, at email@example.com or 800-323-4040 ext. 7584.