Updated January 7, 2013
The College of American Pathologists offers its members insurance coverage at economical group rates.
Effective January 1, 2013, applications for major medical health insurance coverage through the CAP Member Insurance Program will no longer be accepted.
Major medical health insurance coverage—for CAP members, their lawful spouses, and their dependents currently insured through the CAP Member Insurance Program’s Indemnity, PPO, MSA, or HSA plans—will remain in force until further notice.
Details and applications for any of the plans listed below can be obtained by calling the CAP insurance program administrator, Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. at 1-800-509-6023.
- Disability Income Insurance Resources
- Long Term Care Insurance Resources
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) Resources
Property Insurance Resources
Professional Liability Insurance Resources
- “Don’t be afraid to contact your insurer when you smell a suit at your doorstep” Johnson L. Medical Economics. November 6, 2009.
- “Q&A: Who needs tail coverage?” Johnson L. Medical Economics. January 23, 2009.
- “Q&A: Malpractice insurance and claims of defamation” Medical Economics. November 21, 2008.
- “Malpractice Consult: If there is no damage, there is no malpractice” Johnson L. Medical Economics. August 1, 2008.
- “Malpractice Consult: Lawyers consider several kinds of evidence to prove that the standard of care was—or was not—met.”
Johnson L. Medical Economics. July 18, 2008.
- “Tail insurance: Watch out for the gotcha!”
Guglielmo W. Medical Economics. February 15, 2008.
- “Loss Prevention Guidelines for Cervical Cytology—with 2008 Update on Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines”
Troxel DB. 2008.
- “Hot Topics & Issues Updates: Medical Malpractice”
Insurance Information Institute (III)
- Medical Professional Liability Insurance. (PDF, 576 K) Matthew M. Rice, MD, JD, and members of the American College of Emergency Physicians Medical Legal Committee, April 2004.