Originally published in CAP TODAY
The CAP's new automated inspector assignment system is an industry first—laboratories matched quantitatively with other labs, the result being a right and reliable fit. Here are its benefits:
- Improves consistency and value of inspections.
- Better matches inspection team labs’ characteristics to inspected lab needs.
- Objectively selects and assigns team leaders.
- Minimizes conflicts of interest.
- Avoids making an assignment for the inspecting team during the team’s own inspection window.
- Increases planning time with more timely assignments.
- Includes team leader training status and reminder notifications.
Ed Finkel is a writer in Evanston, Ill.