Originally published in CAP TODAY
Desiree A. Carlson, MD, Editor, Laboratory Accreditation News
- Modify (narrow) QC range.
- Increase frequency of calibration.
- Perform instrument function verification.
- Revise the analytic procedure.
- Design a process to verify clerical entries before PT result submission.
- Retrain testing personnel in the proper procedures for sample preparation, testing, and reporting.
For more information, see NCCLS GP-27A, "Use of Proficiency Testing to Improve the Clinical Laboratory ."