Updated April 4, 2013
In December of 2012 the CAP improved the CAP Inspector Training courses making them more interactive, shorter in duration, and compatible to mobile devices- making them accessible – anytime, to help both you and the inspected lab achieve and uphold the highest standards of quality patient testing.
As the only peer-based inspector program in the industry, the CAP ‘s inspection process offers the most customized inspection experience for your laboratory. You can count on a peer, a practicing laboratory professional, to deliver scientific expertise in any disciplines your laboratory performs.
Through the CAP’s inspector training courses, inspectors are kept up-to-date with the most current requirements and improvements to the laboratory accreditation programs to help you gain the most from your CAP inspection experience.
There are now simply two options for inspector training, both which offer CME/CE opportunity: Inspection Team Leader Training and Inspection Team Member Training. Each CAP inspector is required to participate in one of the two courses, at least once every two years prior to conducting an inspection.)
How to access the courses:
- Click on Inspection Training.
- Log in with your individual User ID and Password.
- Select your course and Click the title to see the details for the course.
- Click the “GO” button to launch the activity and follow the directions to complete it.
Interested in Performing More CAP Inspections?
If you work in a CAP-accredited laboratory and would like to inspect, just follow these simple steps
- Complete the Volunteer Inspector Profile Form
(Microsoft Word, 219 KB)
- Complete an inspector training course
- Review the Inspector Resources (located in Related Links on the right corner of this page) prior to your scheduled inspection
Once you complete your profile form and training course, you will automatically qualify as an inspector. Keeping your training current (every two years) will ensure your continual listing as a qualified and available inspector.
For information about the online activities please call CAP Learning at 800-323-4040, or 847-832-7000, option 1, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and documents to help you prepare for an inspection.