Updated September 8, 2011
You’ll find most of the information necessary to help determine which Surveys or EXCEL modules you need and how to order them in the print or online catalogs.
- We have incorporated the CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program Proficiency Testing Enrollment Guide into the Analyte/Procedure Index in the Surveys catalog and the Indices section of the EXCEL catalog for your convenience. Now, you can use a single source to select the proficiency testing products that can be used to fulfill your CAP-Accredited laboratory needs.
- The Analyte/Procedure Index in the Surveys catalog provides a list of approved proficiency testing programs for CLIA and a detailed list of analytes and procedures which will take you to the appropriate Surveys.
- The Indices section of the EXCEL catalog points you to the appropriate EXCEL modules.
Ordering from the CAP
To ensure accurate and timely order placement, please:
- Return all pages of your renewal order form, including payment information.
- Print legibly. The order form is a scanned document.
- To ensure full participation, order early – limited quantities are available for some products. Order deadline is December 1.
- Have your CAP number ready when ordering or inquiring about an order.
- US customers will need to confirm or provide their CLIA identification number.
- Prices are in US dollars.
- To avoid any delay in the processing of your order, one of the following methods of payment is required – check, credit card, purchase order, or letter of authorization.
- International customers must provide a ship-to address in their own country.
For more details about ordering, payment, and terms and conditions, see the Customer Support and Ordering Information section of your Surveys catalog or the Customer Support section of your EXCEL catalog.
Proficiency Testing Manual
You’ll find additional helpful information about the Surveys and EXCEL programs in the Proficiency Testing Manual (PDF, 639 KB) online. This manual covers specimen handling, how to interpret your evaluation report, continuing education, Evaluation and Participant Summary Reports, laboratory legislation and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) reporting, and more.