CAP@Your Service – Special Residents Issue – Spring 2007
Residents Forum Election Committee (RFEC) elections will be held at the Fall 2007 Residents Forum (RF) meeting on Saturday, September 29, 2007, in Chicago. Open positions include:
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair’s stead if needed; chairs RF Education Programming Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually, and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years.
- Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House, and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
Alternate Delegate terms are for two years, and all other positions are one-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
Visit the College’s Web site to review a brief description of each position.
If you are a Junior Member in good standing and interested in running for office, submit your statement of interest (Word, 23 K), using the template, and curriculum vitae (CV) to Jan Glas. When writing your statement, please keep in mind the following:
Your statement of interest and CV must be received by end of business on July 9, 2007. The RF Nominating Committee’s slate will be sent to all Junior members by July 30, 2007.
- Your understanding of the role of a RFEC member and the responsibilities to the Residents Forum and the College of American Pathologists.
- The time commitment for the office in which you are interested.
- Your ability to fulfill this time commitment.
- How you became interested in serving on the RFEC and what you hope to accomplish during your time on the RFEC.
- The talents you believe you have that would benefit the Residents Forum.
- Any additional information that you feel is critical for the Forum to know.
According to RF bylaws, Junior members who have not been slated by the Nominating Committee and who wish to run for an office, may do so by submitting a statement of interest (Word, 23 K), their CV, as well as a petition signed by at least 15 CAP Junior members (Word, 82 K) in good standing. This information must be received by August 30, 2007, and submitted to Jan Glas.