Join us for a webinar where two recent pathology graduates, who have made it through residencies and selected their fellowships, and a seasoned fellowship director, will share their insights on deciding on, finding, applying, and interviewing for fellowships.
This one-hour webinar will offer practical suggestions on the hows, whats, wheres, whens, and whys of finding a fellowship.
- Feriyl Bhaijee, MBChB – University of Mississippi
- Jerad M. Gardner, MD, FCAP – University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Aysegul A. Sahin MD, FCAP – MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Topics that recent residency/fellowship graduates will cover:
- How do I make myself a competitive applicant? What things should I be doing during residency? How does networking fit in here?
- How do I pick a subspecialty to do a fellowship in? How do I choose a fellowship program?
- How do I handle the application process?
- How do I time/schedule interviews in a way that optimizes acceptance into the program I want?
- How many fellowships should I do?
- Topics that the fellowship director(s) will cover:
- What do program directors look for in an applicant? What characteristics they are looking for in candidates and their applications (e.g., USMLE scores, recommendation letters, prestigious medical schools, personal statements, etc.)?
- What are some hints for a successful interview?