Updated February 12, 2014
Residents Forum Executive Committee (RFEC) elections will be held at the Fall 2014 Residents Forum (RF) meeting on Saturday, September 6, in Chicago, Illinois. Open positions include:
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair’s stead if needed. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares PowerPoint presentation for and minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually, and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years
- Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House, and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
Alternate Delegate terms are for two years, and all other positions are one-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
If you are a Junior Member in good standing and interested in running for office, submit your statement of interest, using the template, and curriculum vitae (CV) to Jan Glas. When writing your statement, please keep in mind the following:
- Your understanding of the role of a RFEC member and the responsibilities to the Residents Forum and the College of American Pathologists.
- The time commitment for the office in which you are interested.
- Your ability to fulfill this time commitment.
- How you became interested in serving on the RFEC and what you hope to accomplish during your time on the RFEC.
- The talents you believe you have that would benefit the Residents Forum.
- Any additional information that you feel is critical for the Forum to know.
Your statement of interest and CV must be received on or before Monday, May 19, 2014. The RF Nominating Committee’s slate will be sent to all Junior Members in mid-July.
According to RF bylaws, Junior members who have not been slated by the Nominating Committee and who wish to run for an office, may do so by submitting a statement of interest, their CV, as well as a petition signed by at least 15 CAP Junior Members in good standing. This information must be received by Thursday, August 7, 2014, and submitted to Jan Glas.