Updated December 13, 2006
Per CLIA’88 regulations, all laboratories must be enrolled in an approved cytology proficiency testing program and all individuals who perform gynecologic cytology must be tested by an approved program. CLIA laboratories have two options for enrollment: PAP PT Enrollment (where individuals will be tested) and Laboratory Enrollment Only – PPTENR (individuals testing at an alternate site).
- A 2007 Laboratory Improvement Programs Order Form and a 2007 Gynecologic Cytology Proficiency Testing Order Form must be completed.
- For new orders, where proctors have not been previously registered, a 2007 Proctor Information Form must also be completed.
- The proctor/director packet and the test kit will be sent to the person listed as the shipping contact. If your laboratory requires a unique contact person or address for PAP PT products only, please contact the College at 1-800-323-4040 option 1# to create a new account for your PAP PT product.
- The PAP PT enrollment verification letter, the proctor evaluations, the reminder letter, and all of the PAP PT evaluations will be sent to the laboratory director.
- Laboratories must select their top three testing sessions in order of preference from January 22, 2007, to December 17, 2007. Scheduling is based on inventory and early enrollment is encouraged. Please order by December 1, 2006, for all CAP Surveys products.
- Laboratories must select their slideset module and choice of Educational shipments by product code. For example, an order for PAPKPT1 results in one SurePath PAP PT examination (shipped in one of 24 test sessions) and two SurePath Educational Series 1 slidesets that ship in January (A mailing) and July (B mailing). PAPKPT2 results in one PAP PT examination (shipped in one of 24 test sessions) and two SurePath Educational Series 2 slidesets that ship in April (A mailing) and October (B mailing).
Important Note: Orders received after January 29 for Education Series 1 will be prorated and only receive the B mailing worth up to 6 CME/CE credits. It is recommended that your laboratory enroll in Education Series 2 if ordering past January. Orders received after April 23rd for Education Series 2 will be prorated and only receive the B mailing worth up to 6 CME/CE credits.
- Payment and billing information must be provided at the time of enrollment. Orders will not be processed without a form of payment included.
- An order confirmation report will be sent to the shipping contact person. A separate enrollment verification letter indicating the test date will be sent to the laboratory director after the CAP has received and processed the order.
The CAP looks forward to serving you with the 2007 PAP PT. If you have any ordering questions, please contact us at 800-323-4040 option 1 #.
- The product code is PPTENR (PAP PT Lab Enroll Only) for laboratories that possess a CLIA license to perform gynecologic cytology but have personnel that are testing at another location. A 2007 Laboratory Improvement Programs Order Form must be completed. The cost is $200.00 per laboratory. Note: this code will not generate a test date or slidesets shipped.
- An order confirmation report will be sent to the fulfillment contact person after the CAP has received and processed the order. Keep this report for documentation purposes.
- Separate registration for personnel is not necessary. All personnel who are affiliated with this laboratory should document this on their examinee information forms. A copy of PAP PT evaluations will be sent to the laboratory director where indicated.
- CAP will report this laboratory enrollment to CMS for compliance.