PERSONALIZED HEALTHCARE SERIES – PAST WEBINAR(S)
FREE one-hour informational Web teleconferences to help YOU understand the latest developments in personalized medicine and the impact on pathology.
Personalized Pathology: PHC in the General Pathology Practice
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
1:00 – 2:00 pm Central
Speaker: Sam Caughron, MD, FCAP
Understand how PHC intersects with the everyday practice of pathology, including routine surgical pathology. Learn about specific tests such as KRAS for colon cancer, BRAF for thyroid cancer, CYP2D6 genotyping for tamoxifen resistance, and CYP2C19 for clopidogrel resistance. You’ll get answers to questions such as:
- How can a group position itself to share in the growth of molecular diagnostics?
- What elements of PHC are of interest to and practical in a rural pathology practice?
- What tests should be considered?
- What is the business model?
- How can a practice get needed expertise in molecular diagnostics?
- How much time should be allocated?
- What are the incentives and the barriers?