CAP SAMs (Self-Assessment Modules)
Consistent with the high quality you expect from the College, CAP SAMs are more comprehensive than simple “memory tests.” CAP SAM topics are identified as critical areas of importance to pathologists, and they include a strong focus on both the interpretation of concepts and their direct application to patient care.
CAP SAMs include both educational content and a multiple-choice post-test. Immediate feedback is provided after each question, providing additional educational material on both correct and incorrect responses. Participants who earn a passing score may apply their earned credit(s) to the American Board of Pathology’s Maintenance of Certification SAM requirements.
CAP SAMs Coming Soon
New Releases and 2011 Releases
CAP is planning the release of over 60 online SAM activities in 2011. CAP SAMs will be offered in multiple subject domains and include topics identified as critical areas for pathologists today.
Released in Q4 2010
- HPV Testing (SAM eligible): Now Available
- Basic Molecular Pathology & Cytogen Testing: Now Available
- Archives Applied - Update on Esophagitis: Now Available
- Approaches to Diagnosing Liver Disease: 29-Dec-2010
Expected in 2011
- Neuropathology at Night: By Q2 2011
- Advanced Practical Pathology Program support: 16 currently planned
- Archives Applied: 12 planned
- Others: 20 planned (Dermatopathology (DPath), Virtual Biopsy Program (VBP), Laboratory Accreditation Program (LAP), Neuropathology (NP), etc.)
12 SAMs available at CAP ’11
Check back regularly for more details on topics and release dates.
WHAT’S AVAILABLE NOW?
- HPV Testing
- Molecular Pathology: Introduction to DNA Technology and Diagnostic Applications
- The Clinical Laboratory and Meaningful Use of EHRs
- LAP Inspector Training
(4 CAP SAMs)
- Archives Applied Series
- Rare Nerve Lesions
- Diagnosing Stomach Lesions
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC) SAM requirements
- CAP Education programs offer numerous opportunities for CME.