The Accountable Care Toolkit is an educational resource intended to provide you with a primer on the healthcare reform law passed in 2010 and some of its proposed regulations, including the call for a focus on accountable care initiatives. The overview information and presentation can be used to strengthen your discussions in practice meetings, when talking with clinical colleagues and when meeting with local legislators about policy issues.
|Total of 8 PDFs
(ZIP, 1.5 MB)
- Toolkit Overview - what, why and how-to (PDF, 152 KB)
- What to Say to Get/Defend Your Seat at the Accountable Care Table (PDF, 518 KB)
- Accountable Care Overview (PDF, 28 KB)
- Accountable Care FAQs (PDF, 35 KB)
- Accountable Care Glossary of Terms (PDF, 172 KB)
- Learning from AdvocateCare: How Pathologists are Bolstering Growth and Savings in a Commercial ACO ’”) (PDF, 676 KB)
- Lab-HER Interoperability and Participation in Health Information Exchanges (HIE) (PDF, 143 KB)
- CAP Comments on ACO Rule (PDF, 150 KB)
Dr. Caughron shares his experience as a community pathologist involved in personalized medicine.
Consider viewing these links for further insights:
- The Bridge to Accountable Care Organizations
- Where do Pathologists fit into Accountable Care Organizations?
- Attend the ACO Summit in June 2012
- Accountable Care Organization Learning Network
- Pathways for Physician Success Under Healthcare Payment and Delivery Reforms