CAP Multidisciplinary Breast Pathology Advanced Practical Pathology Program (MBP AP3)
The CAP’ s MBP AP3 is designed to provide pathologists with the focused training, skills and education to effectively deliver their critical expertise across increasingly integrated, multidisciplinary breast cancer care teams.
Designed for practicing anatomic pathologists who have experience diagnosing breast disease, the program also enhances clinical team opportunities and reinforces skills for pathologists who frequently evaluate breast specimens—including tumor board and external or inter-departmental case consultations.
Upon completion, program participants will be able to:
- Understand the implications of findings from the major breast imaging modalities, and correlate these findings with clinical and histological information in order to provide appropriate recommendations for patient management and additional diagnostic steps when needed.
- Apply the rationale and clinical goals for breast conservation to the pathologic evaluation of breast specimens and provide the information necessary to ensure a woman receives the appropriate treatment.
- Explain and implement best practices in breast pathology: specimen handling, assay criteria and selection, process management, and remediation of test performance issues in support of optimum patient care.
- Interpret and validate breast predictive factors test results for cases representing all levels of complexity, integrating the test results with clinical and morphologic findings.
- Communicate breast histology results and patient treatment implications to clinicians, multi-disciplinary health care teams, and patients proactively and collaboratively.
The MBP AP3 Workshop
April 28-29, 2012
Register now! Space is limited, apply by completing and returning both the application and registration form.
CAP ADVANCED PRACTICAL PATHOLOGY PROGRAMS (AP3s)
AP3s AVAILABLE NOW
- Breast Predictive Factors Testing Advanced Practical Pathology Program (BPFT AP3)
- Laboratory Medical Director Advanced Practical Pathology Program (LMD AP3)
- Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration (USFNA)
LEARN MORE AND APPLY