CAP’s Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration (USFNA) Advanced Practical Pathology Program
The CAP’s USFNA Advanced Practical Pathology Program is a new and narrow-focused program focusing on both Thyroid and Breast.
What Participants Are Saying:
“Enjoyed having time to practice with experts.”
“The phantoms were neat and really do mimic real patient lumps”
“Learned several new things including mistakes I was making.”
As a result of completing this program, you will be able to:
- Before, during, and after the USFNA procedure, provide the appropriate level of patient communication resulting in a successful sampling from the identified lesion(s).
- Using interview techniques, findings from a physical examination, and past medical histories, correlate evidence to findings in ultrasound.
- From obtained samples, create a slide smear that includes evenly spread, preserved cells.
- Understand the basics of ultrasound physics, transducers and ultrasound image patterns such as artifacts.
- Correctly operate ultrasound equipment to identify neck anatomy and guide a needle into a lesion in a phantom device.
- From provided images, identify the sonographic criteria, diagnostic status (e.g. benign, malignant, indeterminate) and parts of the lesion to sample.
Upcoming Programs/Course Offerings
2012 - Intensive Workshop
- March 10–11, 2012
San Francisco, CA
CAP ADVANCED PRACTICAL PATHOLOGY PROGRAMS (AP3s)
AP3s AVAILABLE NOW
- Breast Predictive Factors Testing Advanced Practical Pathology Program (BPFT AP3)
- Laboratory Medical Director Advanced Practical Pathology Program (LMD AP3)
- Multidisciplinary Breast Pathology Advanced Practical Pathology Program (MBP AP3)
- Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration (USFNA AP3)
Want to Register or Need More Information?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 800-323-4040, option 1