We respect your privacy. The information on this page lets you know how the College of American Pathologists (CAP) processes and uses your personal information on the CAP website.
- Any and all information collected on the CAP website will be kept strictly confidential.
- Any information you give to the CAP will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to.
- Email addresses are never released to any organization.
- On occasion the College makes its membership list available to nonprofit organizations that offer continuing medical education (CME) programs.
- Part of your profile includes privacy preferences regarding the release of your name to nonprofit organizations for mailings pertaining to these educational programs. You can review your privacy preferences and determine whether you wish to receive these mailings.
Information We Collect About You
The College offers access to services on the website that require registration and authentication using your email address. The College does not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third party without your consent.
When you pay for something via the CAP website, we will ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. This lets us process and fulfill your request and notify you with confirmation or update messages. We will not share or sell credit card information with any third parties without your express permission.
Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
The CAP does not rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected on the site.
Browser Information Collected on Our Website
When you visit a page on the CAP website, the College’s Web servers automatically recognize your domain name and Internet protocol (IP) address (every computer connected to the Internet has a domain name and IP address). This information does not reveal anything personal about you; we use this information to examine our Web traffic overall.
The CAP analyzes website logs to constantly improve the value of the materials available on the site. The logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with individuals that actually browse the site.
Please also refer to the site’s Terms and Conditions for more information about the CAP website.