The College of American Pathologists (CAP)-accredited laboratories around the world can demonstrate excellence in patient care and confidence in laboratory practices.
Accreditation Beyond US? 'Nothing Impossible' About It
Learn how the first laboratory in the emirate and fourth in the UAE achieved CAP-accreditation (CAP TODAY).
Find CAP-accredited laboratories
Important Requirements for International Laboratories
- The laboratory must have a qualified laboratory director.
- The laboratory must enroll in CAP Proficiency Testing (PT)/ External Quality Assurance (EQA) for minimum of six months to prior initiating the CAP application process.
- Each separately accredited laboratory must be enrolled in CAP PT/EQA under its own CAP number.
- All disciplines practiced by the laboratory at the same location, under the same directorship, must be listed in the application. All disciplines will be inspected as the CAP does not accredit portions of laboratories.
- The CAP may not be able to accept laboratories located in some geographic regions if there are commercial prohibitions or any other country risks.
The Guide to CAP Accreditation for International Participants contains all of requirements and key processes necessary to become CAP accredited.
Read the Guide »
Documents Required in English
If English is not the operational language of your laboratory, the following requirements must be met:
- Prior to scheduling an inspection, English language translations of the following documents must be available:
- Laboratory organizational structure
- Instrument List
- Quality assurance/improvement programs
- Quality Control programs
- A sample procedure for each laboratory discipline
- Responses to any deficiencies cited at the on-site inspection must be provided in English.
- Certain supporting documentation to a deficiency may be in your native language provided that the key elements that demonstrate compliance, as well as titles and major headings are in English.
Access the "Laboratory Accreditation" section for more information about the accreditation program and for helpful resources.
Resources Available in Chinese