Q-PROBES are short-term, external peer-comparison studies that provide a one-time comprehensive assessment of key processes to aid in quality improvement efforts in your laboratory. Use Q-PROBES to help build and improve data collection and analysis processes that contribute to quality of care, patient safety, and outcomes. Q-PROBES:
- Address process, outcome, and structure-oriented quality assurance issues
- Establish benchmarks through external database comparisons
- Compare your performance to establish laboratory goals and improve performance
Q-TRACKS are long term studies that allow for continuous quality monitoring of laboratory processes for performance improvement. Q-TRACKS monitors reach beyond the testing phase to evaluate the quality of processes both within and beyond the laboratory that can impact test results and patient outcomes. Q-TRACKS:
- Provide quarterly reports to help you identify improvement opportunities and monitor the effectiveness of changes implemented over time.
- Allow you to measure your laboratory's performance against participating laboratories to help you set performance goals.
Q-MONITORS help build and improve data collection and analysis processes for troponin turnaround time for patients presenting to the emergency department with acute chest pain. Using continuous monitoring, Q-MONITORS provide a comprehensive assessment of key processes in your institution and help your institution meet accreditation and regulatory requirements. Q-MONITORS:
- Are customized programs that address process, outcome, and structure-oriented quality assurance issues
- Establish benchmarks through external database comparisons and compare your performance to establish goals for performance improvement
Laboratory Benchmarks From The Q-PROBES And Q-TRACKS Programs
These peer-reviewed journal articles, published in Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine are based on Q-PROBES and Q-TRACKS studies.
Download the Benchmarks