Helping to define and monitor the state of the art of autopsy pathology.
Access the following resources to improve the performance and reporting.
Autopsy Practice Resources
Autopsy Fee-for-Service List
The autopsy fee-for-service list consists of members of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) who expressed an interest in performing autopsies on a fee-for-service basis.
Member pathologists must log in to access the request form if you want to include your information on the list. The list is a service to members of the public seeking a pathologist to perform an autopsy.
Submit Autopsy Cases
Subscribers and residents may share interesting cases with the greater pathology community by participating as an author for this program. Learn how to submit an autopsy case (PDF, 100 KB).
Sample Autopsy Case Information
CAP Public Policies
The CAP Public Policies outline the CAP's positions on the following issues:
- Criteria for Autopsies
- Restrictions on the Uses of Autopsy Materials
- Payment and Performance of the Autopsy Service
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Certification of Death
- Observation of an Autopsy as Punishment
- Informed Consent for Autopsy
- Consent for Autopsy Organ and Tissue Retention
- Definition of Autopsy
Autopsy Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Articles
CAP Press Publications
The following publications are available through the CAP Press Publications.
- Special Autopsy Dissections
- Introduction to Autopsy Technique, Step-by-Step Diagrams
- Quality Management in Anatomic Pathology: Promoting Patient Safety Through Systems Improvement and Error Reduction
- Autopsy Performance and Reporting, 2nd Edition Cause of Death and the Death Certificate
- Autopsy: Aiding the Living By Understanding Death
Join the Autopsy Committee
Learn more about our committee activities and how to join the Autopsy Committee.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.