To improve patient care by:
- promoting standardization and harmonization of clinical laboratory results to ensure appropriate application of laboratory results for patient care;
- monitoring new reference procedures as they apply to clinical testing procedures;
- monitoring CAP Accuracy Surveys to monitor performance of field methods;
- developing and maintaining appropriate materials to allow monitoring of performance of laboratory developed tests (LDTs);
- providing expertise and education to other programs of the CAP and to CAP members; and
- maintaining liaisons with other relevant organizations.
This committee reports to the Council on Scientific Affairs. View a list of the current committee members.