To contribute to the continual improvement of patient care and safety by:
- defining and monitoring the state of the art and emerging technologies in coagulation testing;
- contributing to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of effective proficiency testing programs in the field of coagulation;
- providing information and expertise in coagulation and related areas to the CAP and its members;
- contributing to the continuing education of members of the CAP through Surveys, critiques, publication of articles, chapters and books and participation in CAP educational programs;
- assisting the CAP in timely and effective submission of information to regulatory agencies;
- and maintaining liaison with other national and international organizations concerned with coagulation.
This committee reports to the Council on Scientific Affairs. View a list of the current committee members and find additional resources and information in the coagulation topic center.