- To deliver programs, services and tools to support pathologists’ in demonstrating value through self advocacy within their practices, institutions, communities and at the state and national levels.
- To advance effective knowledge exchange among pathologists and with their patients, professional colleagues and others to secure the future for pathologists and their specialty.
View a list of our current committee members.
Time Commitment Requirements
|Saturday and Sunday
|The meeting is in various locations throughout the country, usually within 30 miles of the airport.
|One conference call in-between the two face-to-face meetings
|Members 24-40, Chair 60-80
- Three council meetings for chair
- Complete CAP Engaged Leaders Academy, new committee members
Activities of Committee
Expertise or Experience
- Willingness to speak in public and with media would be useful
- Desire to enhance the public image of pathologists and the profession
- Interest in public perception of health care issues and in communicating to public and other audiences regarding pathologists vital role in quality patient care
- Interest in public service projects
- Willingness to network with other pathologists and clinicians to demonstrate the value pathologists bring to health care
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Help raise and shape the image of pathologists and pathology as a profession
- Contribute articles to NewsPath for online publication and/or mentor NewsPath authors
- Learn about and participate in the College’s See, Test, and Treat program
- Provide input into CAP Engaged Leaders Network strategic direction