Time Commitment Requirements
|Meetings take place on the day preceding the Board of Governors meeting; usually Thursday.
|Meetings take place nationwide in conjunction with Board meetings.
|2; additional calls scheduled if needed.
|Corresponding duties as members of the Board of Governors
Activities of Committee
- Reviews, refines and makes recommendations concerning the College's Compensation Philosophy and Strategy Statement.
- Reviews and studies compensation data and practices for organizations (both not-for-profits and for-profits) in similar fields, of comparable size, and of comparable funding.
- Reviews and recommends the chief executive officer's future total compensation (including base salary, incentive compensation, benefits, and perquisites) on an annual basis.
- Reviews and comments on the chief executive officer's recommendations for the total compensation (including base salary, incentive compensation, benefits, and perquisites) of other members of the senior management team (i.e., vice presidents or their equivalents) on an annual basis.
- Reviews and comments in the aggregate on the chief executive officer's recommendations for the total compensation program (including bases salary, incentive compensation, and benefits) for employees below the senior management level.
Composition and Terms
The Compensation Committee shall be composed of the secretary-treasurer and four other members of the Board of Governors, proposed by the president and approved by the Board for one year terms. The president shall appoint the chair of the committee from these other four members.
The effective date of the annual appointments to this committee shall commence and terminate with the annual organizational meeting of the Board. To provide continuity, the terms of the committee members shall be staggered, with no member, excepting the secretary-treasurer, serving more than six years.
Expertise or Experience
- Majority of committee members must be members of the Board of Governors.