To improve the quality of patient care and safety in physician office laboratories (POLs), in small hospital laboratories, and for point-of-care testing (POCT), the Point of Care Testing Committee will:
- define and monitor state of the art and emerging technologies; contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of effective proficiency testing and accreditation programs;
- provide information and expertise to the CAP;
- contribute to the continuing education of members and laboratory staff;
- provide for the effective submission of information by the CAP to regulatory agencies; and
- maintain liaisons where appropriate, with other organizations concerned with point-of-care testing.
This committee reports to the Council on Scientific Affairs. View a list of the current committee members and find additional resources and information in the Point of Care Testing Topic Center.