- To identify, understand, and address the challenges of pathologists and their practices
- To provide strategies, resources, and education to assist pathologists in developing, improving and managing successful practices in the current and evolving environment
- To engage member practices providing a pathway to connect them with the CAP's practice management resources
This committee reports to the Council on Membership and Professional Development. View a list of the current committee members.
Time Commitment Requirements
|Saturday and Sunday morning
|Continental United States
|Members 5, Vice Chair 10, Chair 15
- Member: 5 hours when involved in special projects
- PMC Leadership subcommittee (chair, vice-chair): Monthly one hour conference calls
- Chair: 4 council meetings per year
Activities of Committee
- Develop practice tools and resources to support the Transformation Strategy
- Develop, review, and update Just-in-Time practice management tools to meet the day-to-day and practical operational needs of CAP member practices.
- Based on market trends, anticipate opportunities, and challenges for member practices and identify or develop the tools and resources wanted/needed by CAP member practices.
- Create and distribute Laboratory Medical DirecTIPs, which is an informational series for laboratory medical directors.
- Oversee Practice Management Directory
- Oversee Practice Managers Forum
- Oversee Practice Management Panel Surveys
- Act as a resource for the development of CAP practice management education
- Assist staff in developing answers to member practice management questions
Expertise or Experience
- Knowledge of, interest in, and experience with practice management
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Increased knowledge of current and emerging trends/challenges in pathology practice management
- Interaction with other experienced practice leaders from a variety of practice settings
- Login and CAP Membership Required.