- To define and monitor the state of the art and emerging technologies in toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring;
- To contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of effective CAP proficiency testing and laboratory accreditation programs;
- To provide information and expertise in toxicology, therapeutic drug monitoring and related areas to the College and its members;
- To develop and promote continuing education opportunities for members of the College and laboratories participating in CAP proficiency programs;
- To assist the College in providing accurate information to regulatory and other government agencies;
- To advocate best practices and evidence-based medicine; and
- To maintain liaisons, where appropriate, with other organizations concerned with toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring.
This committee reports to the Council on Scientific Affairs. View a list of the current committee members.
The following publication is available through our CAP Press Publications site.
- Clinical Toxicology Testing: A Guide for Laboratory Professionals
Read issues of the American Association of Clinical Chemistry's Clinical & Forensic Toxicology News.