To College of American Pathologists (CAP) Accredited Laboratories:
As a service to our CAP-accredited laboratories, the CAP is providing the following information regarding significant changes to the Molecular Pathology Activity Menu that will impact laboratories inspected with the Molecular Pathology (MOL) Checklist.
The upcoming changes will be automatically reflected in the laboratory section/department activity menus. We are making this change to allow the CAP and its inspectors to better understand the types of molecular testing laboratories perform, and improve the inspection experience. The change will include updates to activity names (tests and scopes of service) and organization of the Molecular Pathology discipline into four subdisciplines:
- Inherited Genetics
- Molecular Oncology – Hematologic Diseases
- Molecular Oncology – Solid Tumor
- Molecular Pathology
Who is impacted by this change?
- Laboratories that perform testing inspected with the Molecular Pathology Checklist.
Does my laboratory need to take any action?
- Yes, before we make this change, the CAP requests that you review your activity menu by November 30, 2019 for laboratory sections performing Molecular Pathology testing to ensure that it accurately reflects testing performed (add and/or remove activities as needed). Access and review your activity menu via e-LAB Solutions Suite/Organization Profile .
- Once the CAP has converted your Molecular Pathology activity menu, we will send a subsequent communication the week of December 9 detailing the next steps for your laboratory to confirm the accuracy of your activity information.
Questions? Contact us at 800-323-4040 or email@example.com.