Start transmitting your quantitative PT results to the CAP using Data Innovations Instrument ManagerTM. Follow these five steps and watch our corresponding videos. They help answer questions ranging from deciphering rules and ensuring you are transmitting only PT, not patient, results—to connectivity configurations, mapping and testing your PT transmissions, and ensuring on-time transmissions.
1. Verify Minimum Resource Requirements
- Data Innovations Instrument Manager version 8.15 or higher from Data Innovations, LLC with specimen management
- CAP driver from Data Innovations or your business partner
- Firewall access for inbound and outbound connections
- Submit the enrollment form and upon processing, we will send your username, password, and instructions.
- Configure the CAP driver using the username, password, and user guide provided by the CAP (See Getting Connected to the CAP how-to video)
- Map your PT using the Get CAP Codes automated functionality (See Mapping Your Proficiency Testing Menu to the CAP Codes how-to video)
- Install CAP-provided rules (See Creating Instrument Manager Rules for Direct Transmission how-to video)
- Verify connectivity and accuracy of mapping by simulating a transmission (See the Test Submission Service how-to video)
5. Transmit Results
- Enter order for PT in LIS connected to Data Innovations Instrument Manager
- Process PT specimens on your instrument. PT results are directly transmitted to the CAP via Data Innovations Instrument Manager (See the Reviewing, Approving, and Tracking Test Results in e-LAB Solutions Suite how-to video)
Direct Transmission How-to Videos
To help facilitate your implementation of direct transmission with the CAP using Data Innovations Instrument Manager, we have a series of how-to videos. They help answer concerns ranging from deciphering rules and ensuring you are transmitting only PT (not patient) results—to connectivity configurations, mapping and testing your PT transmissions, and ensuring on-time transmissions.