New technologies, new testing requirements, and emerging diseases all contribute to the rapid evolution of the clinical laboratory environment. The CAP continues to develop our comprehensive range of proficiency testing to help you maintain the highest degree of precision in your laboratory and deliver better, more effective patient care.
- Choose from 25 new proficiency testing and quality improvement for 2019.
- Benchmark opioid urine drug testing turnaround times for initial and definitive testing and identify gaps in testing protocols with the new Q-PROBES™ Opioid Testing Stewardship program.
- Evaluate your laboratory’s digital whole slide imaging process with the new HistoQIP HQWSI program.
- Gain timely insight with the Performance Analytics Dashboard, our complimentary Surveys and CAP accreditation performance monitoring and reporting tool.
- Purchase your PT and manage your account online—you can review, modify, and submit your prepopulated quote.
Proficiency Testing Disciplines
Specimens are from human donors and are matrix-effect free. Grading is set against reference method targets or all method mean values.
- Testing of insulin, C-peptide, and glucose (ABGIC)
- Quality improvement program for laboratory generated whole slide images (HQWSI)
- Immunohistochemistry testing for CD30 biomarker (CD30)
- Immunohistochemistry testing for p16 (P16)
Biochemical and Molecular Genetics
- Inherited cancer testing using multi-gene panels (ICSP)
- Genetic testing for cardiomyopathy utilizing multi-gene panels (CMSP)
- Cardiac marker testing with Quidel Triage® Cardio2/3 panels (PCARI)
- Fecal calprotectin testing as a marker for irritable bowel syndrome (FCAL)
- Methylmalonic acid and active B12 testing for diagnosis of vitamin B12 deficiencies (MMA)
- Hematology automated differentials and retic counts for users of the Roche cobas® m 511 analyzer (FH14)
- Hematology automated differentials, retic counts, and blood cell identification for users of the Roche cobas m 511 analyzer (FH14P)
- Molecular testing utilizing gastrointestinal panel, 5 challenges (GIP5)
- Molecular testing for carbapenem-resistant organisms (CRO)
- Molecular testing for vaginitis/vaginosis panel (MVP)
- Automated postvasectomy sperm count and presence/absence (PV1)
- Testing of designer opioids and benzodiazepines in whole blood (NOB)
- Whole blood testing of cannabinoids (THCB)
- Monitoring antifungal drugs in serum (AFD)
- Provides additional volume of the current VM6 program for use with Siemens ADVIA Centaur® (VM6X)
Quality Improvement Programs
- C-peptide and insulin calibration verification/linearity (LN46)
- Monitor transfusion medicine performance and assess comparability across multiple automated and manual methods (JATQ)
Aid quality improvement efforts in your laboratory with these new Q-PROBES:
- Technical Staffing Ratios (QP191)
- Opioid Drug Testing Stewardship (QP192)
- Expression Rates in Invasive Breast Carcinoma (QP193)
- The Impact of Pathologist Review of Peripheral Blood Smears (QP194)