General Election Nominations
The Residents Forum Nominating Committee presents the following candidates for election on September 21st, 2019, during the Residents Forum meeting at CAP19 in Orlando, FL. The Candidates Statement of Interest and Curriculum Vitae can be accessed by clicking on each of the candidate’s names.
Adam L. Booth, MD - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Mariam A. Molani, DO, MBA – UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
Tayler Van den Akker, MD – Mount Sinai, New York, NY
Erica R. Vormittag-Nocito, MD – University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL
Rumeal D. Whaley, MD – Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates
Sarah Glogowski, DO – Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section
Frederic C. Jewett, DO, LCDR US Navy – Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
Bassam Alkamachi, MD – Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
Roshan Mahabir, MD, PhD, MPH, FRSPH – Mt. Sinai – St. Luke-Roosevelt, New York, NY
Hasan Samra, MD – Medical College of Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, WI
Digital Strategy Liaison
Abdul M. Abid, MD – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Swikrity Upadhyay Baskota – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Mitul B. Modi, MD – Pennsylvania Hospital of University of Health System, Philadelphia, PA
The seven open RFEC positions are:
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair's stead if needed. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares PowerPoint presentation for and minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually, and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years
- Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House, and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Digital Strategy Liaison: In partnership with the CAP Digital Strategy team, supports the RF’s use of digital and social media as a means of interfacing with residents. The DSL will assist in the improvement and management of resident digital engagement and will carry out other such duties as are assigned by the Chair and the RFEC. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
All offices are one-year terms, with the exception of the Alternate Delegate offices, which serve for two-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
Questions about Serving on the RFEC
If you are a candidate and have a question about serving, you may reach out to any of the current RFEC members.
- Chair: Adam L. Booth, MD; University of Texas Medical Branch
- Vice Chair: Devin R. Broadwater, MD; San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC)
- Secretary: Jason V. Scapa, MD; University of California Los Angeles Medical Center
- Immediate Past Chair: G. Eli Morey, MD, MPH; Houston Methodist Hospital
- Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Valerie Lockhart, MD, MBA; Geisinger Health System
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Simone Arvisais-Anhalt, MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Member-at-Large: Tyler R. Teichmeier, MD; University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Digital Strategy Liaison: Mariam A. Molani, DO, MBA; University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Timothy C. Harkcom, DO; National Capital Consortium
- Alternate Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Nathan Sweed, MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Advisor: Timothy C. Allen, MD, JD, FCAP; University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Advisor: Rajesh C. Dash, MD, FCAP; Duke University Hospital
- Staff to RFEC: Crystal D. Wells; Committee Manager
- Staff to RFEC: Natalie N. Castro; Committee Logistics
- July 22 - Nominations are posted on cap.org.
- August 21 - According to RF bylaws, Junior Members who have not been slated by the Nominating Committee and who wish to run for an office may do so by submitting a statement of interest, their CV, as well as a petition signed by at least 15 CAP Junior Members in good standing. This information must be submitted to Natalie Castro and received by August 21, 2019
- September 21 - RFEC Elections at RF meeting in Orlando, Florida