Defining and monitoring the state of the art and emerging technologies in hematology and clinical microscopy.
Hematology and Clinical Microscopy Resources
Information and resources on hematology and clinical microscopy and related areas.
- 2019 Hematology Clinical Microscopy Glossary (PDF, 1.5Mb)
CAP provides a variety of hematology and clinical microscopy cases for self-claiming continuing educational activities.
CAP Press Publications
The following are available for purchase through CAP Press Publications:
- Body Fluids Benchtop Reference Guide
- Hematology Benchtop Reference Guide
- Urinalysis Benchtop Reference Guide
The following articles provide information related to hematology and clinical microscopy:
- Hematology parameters that require multiplying with a dilution factor
- Reporting out automated white blood cell value and the corrected WBC
- Complete blood count on cord blood
- Other protocols using WBC/ANC
- Platelet clumping
- High white count differentials
- Reporting platelet results from a blue top tube
- Laboratory test recommendations for a case of microcytosis with high RBC count and no anemia
Join the Hematology and Clinical Microscopy Committee
Learn more about our committee activities and how to join the Hematology and Clinical Microscopy Committee.