|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||4|
|Length of meetings||1.5 days|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday and Sunday|
|Meeting locations||The meetings take place nationwide.|
|Number of conference calls||Calls scheduled as needed.|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||156-260|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Corresponding duties as members of the Board of Governors|
Activities of Committee
The Executive Committee has the authority to:
- Act as a steering committee to oversee operations of the Board by coordinating and focusing the work of the Board.
- Make decisions on routine matters on behalf of the full Board.
- Act quickly when the full Board cannot meet in case of emergency: (eg, use of reserve funds, public relations issue).
- Approve nonbudgeted spending of up to $1.0 million in the aggregate for any activity it deems necessary.
The Executive Committee has the responsibility to:
- Serve as a sounding board for the chief executive officer.
- Organize the work of the Board by planning the Board's agenda.
- Identify specific issues that can be delegated for handling to council or staff.
- Review select College policies in advance of Board approval.
- Ensure the chief executive officer receives an annual performance and compensation review by the full Board.
- Approve regular standard actions or documents.
- Study important issues and bring findings to the full Board.
- Ensure that momentum is not lost on vital issues needing full and intense attention from members of the Board to move forward.
- Inform the full Board about the work of the Executive Committee. Take actions consistent with the direction of the Board that do not represent major change in the affairs, business, or policy of the organization.
Expertise or Experience
- Per CAP Bylaws, members are required to be officers or members of the Board of Governors.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- As officers or members of the Board of Governors, may be asked to speak on behalf of the CAP, present at state pathology society meetings or various professional venues.