Medicare Part A contracts provide significant revenue to many practices but negotiating a good contract can be a challenge.
With downward budget pressures, constricting budgets, reimbursement changes, and marketplace competition, many practices find it challenging to negotiate fair and legal contracts that commensurate with the demands on their time.
Join us as Dr. Brian Le, MD, FCAP, reviews Medicare Part A contract basics and shares tips for effective negotiations. Dr. Le is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Biller (CPB) and member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) with expertise in revenue cycle management and compliance.
Discover provisions that should be included in your contract and tools you can use to ensure your contract aligns fairly to the value of the services you provide.
- Define Part A services in context of the Medicare payment model.
- Review Part A services in context of laboratory services, emphasizing the pathologists' general obligations and areas of responsibility
- Identify some legal aspects and implications to Part A contract negotiations
- Identify some provisions that should be included in a Part A contract
- Present a model of fair market value calculation pertaining to Part A contract negotiations
Brian Huan Thai Le, MD, FCAP