Providing Surveys and education regarding the state-of-the-art immunohistochemistry methods for diagnosis and prediction.
Resources and educational material related to immunohistochemistry.
Frequently Asked Questions from Immunohistochemistry Laboratories
These FAQs address issues related to validation of tests that are new to a laboratory, as well as potential responses to test performance monitoring, especially in the setting of proficiency testing and/or other external quality assessment. Additionally, hypothetical examples of process improvement assessments are provided.
Resources for Immunohistochemistry
CAP members have access to the International Quality Network for Pathology (IQN Path) External Quality Assessment (EQA) projects. Log in to learn more
IQN Path brings together organizations and key stakeholders involved in quality implementation of biomarker testing in pathology. The goal of the association is to improve and promote Quality Assurance (QA) in the clinical implementation of tissue-based diagnostic, predictive and prognostic biomarkers in cancer through developing best practice professional standards for External Quality Assessment (EQA) schemes in this field.
Access other CAP committee topic centers and programs:
- Anatomic Pathology Education Programs and Tissue Donation Process
- HER2 Testing Guidelines and Resources
- ER/PgR Guideline and Resources
CAP Press Publications
The following publications are available for purchase through our CAP Press Publications site:
- Quality Management in Anatomic Pathology: Promoting Patient Safety Through Systems Improvement and Error Reduction
- Quality Management In Clinical Laboratories: Promoting Patient Safety Through Risk Reduction And Continuous Improvement
Immunohistochemistry Journal Articles
Read the Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine series “Practical Applications of Immunohistochemistry”:
- Best Practices in Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry: Workup of Cutaneous Lymphoid Lesions in the Diagnosis of Primary Cutaneous Lymphoma
- Practical Applications in Immunohistochemistry: Evaluation of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma and Related Large B-Cell Lymphomas
Join the Immunohistochemistry Committee
Learn more about our committee activities and how to join the Immunohistochemistry Committee.