- To identify, understand, and address the challenges of pathologists and their practices
- To provide strategies, resources, and education to assist pathologists in developing, improving and managing successful practices in the current and evolving environment
- To engage member practices providing a pathway to connect them with the CAP’s practice management resources
This committee reports to the Council on Membership and Professional Development. View a list of the Current Committee Members.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||3|
|Length of meetings||1.5 days|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday and Sunday morning|
|Meeting locations||Continental United States|
|Number of conference calls||
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 5, Vice Chair 10, Chair 15|
|Additional travel or time commitments||
Activities of Committee
- Develop practice tools and resources to support the Transformation Strategy
- Develop, review, and update Just-in-Time practice management tools to meet the day-to-day and practical operational needs of CAP member practices.
- Based on market trends, anticipate opportunities, and challenges for member practices and identify or develop the tools and resources wanted/needed by CAP member practices.
- Create and distribute Laboratory Medical Directips, which is an informational series for Laboratory Medical Directors.
- Oversee Practice Management Directory
- Oversee Practice Managers Forum
- Oversee Practice Management Panel Surveys
- Act as a resource for the development of CAP practice management education
- Assist staff in developing answers to member practice management questions
Expertise or Experience
- Knowledge of, interest in, and experience with practice management
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Increased knowledge of current and emerging trends/challenges in pathology practice management
- Interaction with other experienced practice leaders from a variety of practice settings
- Login and CAP Membership Required.