To ascertain and practically address members' needs to:
- Enhance and promote the engagement of pathologists in the College, recognizing the power of the College comes from its board-certified pathologists.
- Assist pathologists as physicians in advancing patient care.
- Advance pathologists’ leadership and practice management skills.
- Assist in securing the professional and economic future of the specialty.
- Support pathologists’ ability to demonstrate value through self-advocacy within their practices, institutions, communities, and at the state and national levels.
- Advance effective knowledge exchange among pathologists, with their patients, professional colleagues, and others.
- Recruit, engage, and retain members.
- Recognize members who demonstrate commitments that advance the specialty.
- Address professional and ethical issues affecting the practice of pathology.